I am a freelance writer focused on international politics, technology, and culture. I spend a lot of time on the road, either on rails between cities or 35,000 feet above the oceans. My writing has appeared on Foreign Policy, RADII, Sixth Tone, South China Morning Post, SupChina, TechNode, and other regional and international news outlets.
Recent posts on tianyufang.net
- Introducing China’s propaganda app on Sky News
- Francis Fukuyama and identity
- Border crossing: Taking the Chinese High Speed Rail (HSR) between Hong Kong and Shenzhen
- Don’t reinvent the wheel
- Chinese carrier deliberately censors content in the US? Stop the witch-hunt.
- On using the Western name order
- The problem with trends
- Paul Graham: What You’ll Wish You’d Known
- SMS verification is making Telegram insecure
- Getaway in 🇲🇾 Kuala Lumpur